Visiting a winery doesn’t require traveling across the country. We discovered three wineries near Auburn that have blown our minds and thrilled our taste buds. Read on to learn all about them.
1. Five Points Farm
This seven-acre vineyard plans to become a TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau) permitted winery this year, so make sure to keep up with this farm! Five Points vineyard grows American, French Hybrid and Muscadine wine.
Their largest plantings include:
- Blanc DuBois
- Creek Muscadine
- Dixie Red Muscadine
- Tara Muscadine
- Villard Blanc
- Address: 2185 Co Rd 261, Five Points, AL 36855
- Contact: 334.864.0087 I Facebook
2. Hodges Vineyards and Winery
Just minutes from Auburn and Lake Martin, Hodges Vineyards and Winery has a full selection of muscadine, grape and fruit wines. Visit the stylish sampling room to try the best of their fine wines or take a stroll through the charming vineyards. You won’t leave empty-handed, either, because this vineyard bottles their wine on-site.
- Address: 230 Lee Road 71, Camp Hill, AL 36850
- Contact: 256.896.4036 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM | Saturday-Sunday 10AM-5PM
3. Whippoorwill Vineyards
This family-owned and operated winery harvests, bottles, corks and sells a variety of flavorful wines. This hidden gem is only a 25-minute drive from Auburn, making it the perfect day trip for any occasion.
- Address: 4282 Co Rd 31, Notasulga, AL 36866
- Contact: 334.257.2711 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Thursday-Saturday 10AM-6PM
Time to sit back, swirl your glass and look over a peaceful vineyard close to home.
You must be logged in to post a comment.