Fall has us dreaming of our next adventure, so we’re highlighting three outdoor gear shops in Montgomery to get you hiking, biking or camping-ready.
1. Montgomery Multisport
Montgomery Multisport started off as a website ran by local triathletes. The storefront now carries everything you need from mountain bikes to a nutrition collection.
Don’t miss out: Montgomery Multisport holds two weekly training activities:
- Wednesday 5AM early bird run: four-six miles
- Saturday 6:30AM bike ride: 30 miles
- Where: 8107 Vaughn Rd, Montgomery, AL 36116
- When: Tuesday-Friday 10AM-6PM I Saturday 9AM-6PM
- Contact: 334.356.7271 I Facebook I Instagram
2. MMI Outdoor
MMI began as a distributor of outdoor gear to Military exchanges and MWR facilities in 1975. They pride themselves on creating rugged products for rugged people. Their Catoma brand has been used by US armed forces since 2003.
- Where: 6101 Brewbaker Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36116
- When: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
- Contact: 334.286.0700 I Facebook I Instagram
3. 5.11 Tactical
Brand new to the city of Montgomery is 5.11 Tactical. This shop carries a wide variety of tactical boots, backpacks, fitness apparel and more. My favorite product from 5.11 is the Black Rifle Coffee. You’ll love the clean and classy look of all their products.
- Where: 7235 Eastchase Pkwy Ste. 102, Montgomery, AL 36117
- When: Monday-Thursday 10AM-5PM I Saturday Noon-5PM
- Contact: 334.544.0921
Our state has so many beautiful adventure spots right at our fingertips—it’s time to explore them. These shops are here to help you prepare for your next trip.