Gulf Shores is turning heads. The Alabama Gulf Coast beach has received shoutouts from Trip Savvy as one of the best beaches in the US and from Travel + Leisure as a top under-the-radar beach destination. Here’s a closer look.
What Trip Savvy is saying
For those of us who live in Alabama, we may think our love for Gulf Shores is biased. As it turns out, we’re not biased at all. Just check out Trip Savvy‘s recent list of “18 Best Beaches in the US”.
The online travel guide recently shared their list of favorite beach towns and Gulf Shores was number one! Okay, so they didn’t specify whether the list was in order of awesomeness, but with Gulf Shores listed first, we’re believing it’s so.
Here are a few reasons Trip Savvy is a fan of Gulf Shores:
- Ample wildlife spotting ops
- Enchanting oceanfront city
- Expansive Gulf State Park with 6,000+ acres
- Stunning surroundings
- Sugar-sand beaches
Trip Savvy also applauded several local seafood spots including:
Travel + Leisure‘s take on Gulf Shores
If you think Florida’s beaches are the best, Travel + Leisure has some words for you. Here’s what the magazine had to say about Alabama Coast beach Gulf Shores (and Orange Beach):
“Together, the two cities are an under-the-radar, low-key region of the South boasting the same white sugar-sand beaches and spectacular outdoor space as the Florida panhandle—with significantly fewer crowds…[the] area is a tranquil region with a moderate climate…and crystal clear blue-green water.”Travel + Leisure
Some key spots mentioned in the article include:
- The Lodge at Gulf State Park
- Gulf State Park Nature Center
- Coast Center for Ecotourism & Sustainability
- Orange Beach Marina
- The Wharf
A couple of restaurants were also highlighted, including Fisher’s Upstairs for its fresh-caught Alabama seafood and Flora-Bama, a roadhouse bar known for having the best Buschwackers in the South.
We have plenty more reasons why you’ll want to visit Gulf Shores and Orange Beach:
- Gulf Shores named one of the most affordable (and best) beach locations in the country
- Top spots for a seashell treasure hunt on the Gulf Coast
- 4 nature escapes when you’re ready to return to Alabama’s Gulf Coast
- 7 outdoor activities you need to try now in Gulf Shores
- 9 of the best places to eat + views in Gulf Shores + Orange Beach—book your spring break today
Want more stories like delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.