If you haven’t noticed, we love shouting out local restaurants—and our audience does, too. We asked our Facebook audience what the best restaurants in Alabama are, and we got a lot of feedback. Here are some of the shout-outs from across the state.
North Alabama restaurants
As a North Alabama native, I have a bit of a bias toward these mentions. Here are some of our audience’s favorite restaurants across Huntsville, Madison, Guntersville and the Shoals.
- Bandito Burrito in Huntsville
- Beans and Greens in Gadsden
- Bee Gee’s in Albertville
- Boarhog’s Barbecue in Huntsville
- Homeside in Florence
- Mill Street Deli in Boaz
- Pikeville Store + Grille in Scottsboro
- Rosie’s Mexican Cantina in Huntsville
- Top O’ the River in Guntersville
- Valentina’s Pizzeria + Wine Bar in Madison
BONUS: For the latest on North Alabama food scene, check out Hville Blast.
Central Alabama restaurants
Moving further down south, our audience loves these restaurants—from pizza to Greek food—in Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery and beyond.
- City Cafe in Northport
- Five Loaves in Jasper
- Highland’s Bar + Grill in Birmingham
- Martin’s Restaurant in Montgomery
- Niki’s West in Birmingham
- Oskar’s Cafe in Dadeville
- Pizza Bar in Carbon Hill
- The Ark in Riverside
- The Bright Star in Bessemer
The Bright Star Restaurant got the most shout-outs of any spot in Alabama, and you can read more about its long history here!
South Alabama restaurants
The Gulf Coast has some of the best seafood spots in the state, so we weren’t surprised to see several of these spots make the list.
- Cobalt in Orange Beach
- DeSoto’s Seafood Kitchen in Gulf Shores
- Dew Drop Inn in Mobile
- Hunt’s Seafood and Steak Restaurant in Dothan
- Market by the Bay in Daphne
- Original Oyster House in Gulf Shores
- Tabby D’s in Andalusia
What are you favorite restaurants in Alabama? Tag us on social media @thebamabuzz to let us know!