Montgomery foodies, get ready! Alabama’s newest fine dining establishment, Ravello Ristorante, is opening its doors in May 2022 and bringing the authentic taste of Italy to Montgomery.
The 140-seat, multi-level restaurant will take an old world approach and offer authentic Italian dishes with versatile and local ingredients. There will also be an event space with two mezzanines overlooking the restaurant, a courtyard, cellar and ballroom. Needless to say, we’re counting down the days until we get to see this new space.
- What: Italian restaurant featuring simple and thoughtful dishes inspired by Italy’s Amalfi Coast
- When: Opening May 2022
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 4:30PM-10:00PM
- Location: Montgomery’s City Federal Bank Building
Chef Eric Rivera
Visitors of the new spot are lucky to get a taste of anything from Executive Chef Eric Rivera’s kitchen. He’s been an Executive Chef at Lala’s Wine Bar and Pizzeria in Denver, reopened the historic Redmont Hotel AND opened one of our favorite Birmingham gastropubs, Todd English P.U.B.
He’s the Executive Chef at Ravello’s sister restaurant, Vintage Year, another Montgomery must-try. (Try their Sunday brunch, you’ll thank us later.)
Chef Rivera has earned recognition from PBS NewsHour, USA Today, New York Times, Forbes and Newsweek Magazines. We can’t wait for him to continue to show off his work in Montgomery.
What’s on the menu?
Chef Rivera is sure to be coming up with delicious rotating menu items all year long, but here’s the inside scoop of a few things you can expect to indulge in when you visit Ravello:
- Small plates that will include fresh crudo, cured meats, hearth roasted octopus and burrata
- Rotating pasta dishes from squid ink spaghetti with tomato-uni ragu to rich gnudi with house ricotta and brown butter
- Seasonal entrées such as Maine sea scallops and wood-roasted branzino
- Italian-inspired desserts like chocolate torta al tartufo (They had us at desserts. One of everything please!)
Stopping in after work or meeting up with friends? Guests can enjoy specialty cocktails, handpicked beer and wine at the bar or on one of the amazing mezzanines. A rooftop bar addition is coming soon for guests to sip a cocktail while enjoying views of downtown Montgomery and the Alabama River.
Bar Manager Nick Ware has created a handcrafted cocktail menu driven by fresh ingredients, Italian-made liqueurs, homemade limoncello, fresh Alabama peaches and house-made espresso. The perfect place for an after work drink (or two).
For the latest updates on the upcoming restaurant, and to be the first to snag a table, follow Ravello on Facebook.
Sign up for our free newsletter to get updates like this delivered straight to your inbox!