When it comes to pizza, there’s no shortage of options everywhere you turn. But when it makes a statewide list of dishes to try…you know it’s gotta be good! Keep reading to see why the Mediterranean pizza at Tomatino’s in Montgomery is a step above the rest.
Tomatino’s Pizza & Bake Shop has been a Montgomery staple for years. From delicious high-quality ingredients to their historic location, it’s no wonder the shop came out on top.
In the Alabama Tourism Department’s (ATD) “100 Dishes to Eat in Alabama”, in no particular order, foodie experts listed out their favorite dishes across the state, from southern comfort food to mouthwatering desserts.
As the official source promoting travel and tourism within the state, ATD works hard to promote the best of the best in Alabama.
According to the publication, one bite of the Mediterranean pizza is all you need to be convinced of why it made the list.
“Served on a traditional or whole wheat crust, the pie is topped with fresh spinach, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, artichoke hearts and capers and baked with feta, provolone and mozzarella cheeses. It’s truly an Italian artisan pizza in the heart of the Deep South.”Alabama Tourism Department
A foodie city
Tomatino’s Mediterranean pizza wasn’t the only dish in Montgomery that got a shoutout. Check out more dishes that received ATD’s stamp of approval:
- Fried Chicken | Martin’s
- Hot Dog with Chris’ Sauce | Chris’ Hot Dogs
- Tuna Napoleon | The City Grill
- Wild Rice Waffles | Red Bluff Inn
View the full list of 100 dishes to eat in Alabama.
Try for yourself
I bet by now you want to taste what all the hype is about. Check out their historic location in Montgomery that’s been serving the community for over two decades.
- Location: 503 Cloverdale Rd, Montgomery, AL 36106
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM-8PM; Sunday 4-8PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Looking for more Montgomery fun? We’ve got you covered:
- Montgomery Biscuits 2022 season schedule, including themed weekends, fireworks + more
- New Italian-inspired fine dining, Ravello, coming to Montgomery in May
- 2 new Montgomery murals from a French artist—learn more
For more buzzy news like this delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our free newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.