Ever wanted to see how you look with The World Games 2022 gold, silver and bronze medals around your neck? Now is your chance.
For six consecutive Thursday afternoons starting March 24, The World Games 2022 medals will make stops in selected Hibbett stores in Mobile, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Hoover and Birmingham.
Here is the weekly medal tour schedule made possible by The World Games 2022 and Hibbett | City Gear:
- Mobile: Thursday, March 24 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 7765 Airport Boulevard
- Montgomery: Thursday, March 31 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 2869 E. South Boulevard
- Tuscaloosa: Thursday, April 7 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 1701 McFarland Blvd. East
- Huntsville: Thursday, April 14 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 6275 University Dr. NW
- Hoover: Thursday, April 21 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 1717 Montgomery Highway
- Birmingham: Thursday, April 28 from 4-6 p.m., at Hibbett, 2205 Bessemer Rd.
At the stores visitors can take pictures wearing the medals, learn more about The World Games 2022 and visit with the official mascots of The Games, Vulcan and Vesta, presented by O’Neal Steel.
“We are excited to offer this fun opportunity that gives Alabamians a chance to be part of The World Games 2022 and experience the gold, silver and bronze medals for themselves,” said Mike Longo, CEO of Hibbett | City Gear. “These special events will be a great time for everyone from children to adults.”
The World Games 2022 to Feature 34 Sports
The World Games 2022 will feature 3,600 elite athletes from more than 100 countries competing for medals in 34 sports. Organized with the support of the International Olympic Committee, the competitions in Birmingham from July 7–17 will be the first time The World Games have taken place in the United States since the inaugural edition of the Games were held in Santa Clara, California in 1981.
An estimated 500,000 spectators will attend the opening and closing ceremonies and watch softball, flag football, gymnastics, dance sport, sumo wrestling, sport climbing, parkour, drone racing and many other sports.
Be a part of sports history in Birmingham this Summer. Reserve your spot at The World Games 2022 Birmingham
You must be logged in to post a comment.