Reviewed by: Pat Byington
These frigid temperatures looming over Alabama have us dreaming of getting out and about, visiting some of the state’s best attractions. One of those experiences, OWA Parks & Resort, just got recognized as the best amusement park we’ve got. Keep reading for all the details.
OWA named the best amusement park in Alabama
Wealth of Geeks, a popular online publication focused on financial and pop culture topics, recently released a new list: “These Are the Best Amusement Parks in Every State. How Many Have You Visited?”
Foley’s OWA Parks & Resort was the choice for Alabama, and for good reason. The article pointed out that the 520-acre park is filled with attractions—22 rides, to be exact—plus incredible shows and events.
Never experienced OWA? Here’s what you can expect to find there:
- Tropic Falls—an indoor water parks with tons of attractions
- Downtown OWA—a small-town-inspired area with shops, restaurants, the OWA Theater + more
- Theme Park Rides—everything from Tea Time to the Flying Carousel to Air Racer
Ready to put it on your 2024 list of must-dos? Here’s where you can find it:
- Location: 101 S Owa Blvd, Foley, AL 36535 (about 20 minutes north of Gulf Shores)
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
If you’re curious who else made the list, here are the amusement parks that were named the best in neighboring states:
- Tennessee: Dollywood
- Georgia: Lake Winnepesaukah
- Mississippi: Geyser Falls Water Theme Park
- Florida: Disney World (of course)
Recent news from OWA Parks & Resort
It’s been an exciting year for OWA—not only because of accolades like this one, but also because of new developments taking shape. Here are some big updates that have come out recently:
- In March 2023, OWA unveiled a $70M expansion of Tropic Falls.
- In November 2023, it was announced that a new $50M tropical-inspired resort hotel is coming to OWA.
- In January 2024, OWA announced a new pickleball facility coming to the downtown area.
Want updates like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.