Auburn Athletics and the City of Auburn are partnering for the second annual Tipoff at Toomer’s on Thursday, October 7. The event is free and open to the public. Read on for all you need to know.
What is Tipoff at Toomer’s?
Tipoff at Toomer’s serves as an introduction to the upcoming basketball season. A basketball court will be placed in the heart of Auburn—the corner of Magnolia Avenue and College Street. Fans will get a first-hand preview of the 2021-22 womens’ and mens’ teams, along with special highlights from coaches Bruce Pearl and Johnnie Harris. The event first debuted in 2019 to celebrate Auburn’s notable Final Four season.
What to expect on October 7
The event is full of fun festivities for the Auburn community to enjoy. Check out Thursday’s schedule here:
- 3AM: Downtown street closure begins
- W. Magnolia Avenue at Wright Street
- S. College Street at Thach Avenue
- E. Magnolia Avenue at Gay Street
- N. College Street Tichenor Avenue
- 4PM: Downtown Merchants Entertainment District and Samford Lawn Fan Fest begins
- 6PM: Tiger Talk radio broadcast live from the court
- 7PM: On-court activities such as skills contests and interviews
- 9PM: Tipoff at Toomers ends
- 10PM: Downtown Merchants Entertainment District ends
Not a huge sports fan?
Don’t fret! The event isn’t only geared towards basketball super fans. Local businesses and restaurants surrounding Toomer’s Corner will be open to the public and Auburn’s community is encouraged to take advantage of downtown as an entertainment district. Get ready for giveaways and merchant discounts from your favorite local businesses.
Those unable to attend can tune in on SEC Network+. You won’t want to miss watching Auburn ball on The Plains!
Follow along on social @TheBamaBuzz for more like this!
You must be logged in to post a comment.