How the Newsweek ranking was compiled
Conducted by Statista for the publication, tens of thousands of healthcare professionals were asked to recommend the leading hospitals from their respective state.
Hospitals were scored based on the following factors:
- Recommendations from peers
- Patient experience
- Quality metrics
- Patient-reported outcome measures
UAB Hospital received a rank of 89.91 percent.
10 additional Alabama hospitals ranked
Ten additional Alabama hospitals made Newsweek’s Best-in-State list. Here is how the publication ranked them.
- Fayette Medical Center, Fayette, -—79.17%
- Russell Medical Center, Alexander City —78.50%
- Ascension St. Vincent’s East, Birmingham — 77.32%
- Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville,—77.26%
- St. Vincent’s, Birmingham — 77.24%
- Grandview Medical Center, Birmingham —77.09%
- South Baldwin Regional Medical Center, Foley—76%
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center, Birmingham— 75.80%
- Jack Hughston Memorial Medical Center, Phenix City— 75.77%
- Baptist Medical Center South, Montgomery — 75.52%
“It is an honor to be recognized by Newsweek as the top hospital in Alabama. It speaks to our team’s unwavering commitment to excellent care and service to the communities and people of Alabama.”~ Jordan DeMoss, executive vice president of UAB Medicine
Also according to the study, Fayette Medical Center, Russell Medical Center, South Baldwin Regional Medical Center and Jack Hughston Memorial Medical Center were recognized for patient satisfaction.
Who is missing on this list? Tell us who your favorite hospital is in Alabama by tagging us on social media at @thebamabuzz