Cullman Parks Recreation and Sports Tourism has made a splash! They recently received the World Waterpark Association’s Leading Edge Award. This is huge because they were the ONLY public park awarded. Keep reading to find out why WildWater is award-worthy.
What is Wildwater?
Cullman’s highly-anticipated expansion of the 12-acre water park opened this past summer, a work that was years in the making. This park has a ton of attractions, including the largest inflatable aqua park in the state of Alabama.
Which of these attractions appeals to YOU?
- The Torque—one of the park’s fastest slides
- Rally Racer—a competitive park attraction with multiple slides
- Blue Hurricane—a unique slide full of quick turns
- Splash Station—an area for those under 54″ tall
- Riptide—22,000 square foot wave pool
- More, including cabanas + “funbrellas”
The World Waterpark Association award
The World Waterpark Association is an international not-for-profit member-based trade association that serves waterparks, aquatic venues and spray parks. It’s their mission to create networks and educational systems for water parks around the world.
They hold an annual symposium and trade show where they highlight only SIX water facilities from around the world that develop exceptional creative and new services. This means Cullman’s Wildwater went up against Disney and Universal Studios.
We’re extremely proud that an Alabama park has gained top ranking in the water park industry.
What makes Wildwater award-worthy
Not only is this 12-acre park filled with superior attractions, but there are also phenomenal food options. When it comes to eating, they have options for everyone no matter the age:
- Oasis Bistro—full-service lunch + dinner with menu items like burgers, chicken tenders, sandwiches, nachos + more
- The Gully—a grab-and-go stop for snacks + drinks
- Iceberg—a restored Airstream serving frozen treats like shaved ice + frozen sodas
- Breakers—21+ patio with alcoholic beverages
The World Waterpark was also impressed by how the city-owned park worked with Aquatic Development Group and ProSlide Technology on the new slides and tower complex.
“We’re the only public park—publicly owned and ran park—to be recognized for this. I could not be more proud of this team. It was challenging to say the least, but they really did a great job.”Nathan Anderson, Executive Director, Cullman Park, Recreation, & Sports Tourism
For more buzzy news about other Alabama attractions delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our FREE newsletter!