As students flood back to their hometowns for Thanksgiving break, we’re highlighting food, events and more to celebrate turkey day in Auburn. Are you ready? Dive in!
1. Grab a bite
Looking to skip the post-dinner clean-up? Here are a few downtown restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day:
Want a home-cooked meal without putting in the work? Pre-order to bring home a feast from these Auburn favorites:
- Acre I Pick-up between 11AM-2PM on Wednesday, November 24.
- The Hound I Deadline to order is Wednesday, November 16. Pickup times vary.
- Lucy’s I Deadline to order is Thursday, November 18. Pick-up on Wednesday, November 24 between 11AM-3PM.
- The Depot I Deadline to order is Wednesday, November 17. Pick-up on Wednesday, November 24.
Start out Thanksgiving Day with a fun outing. From local farmers market to a family 5K, here’s what’s happening around Thursday, November 25.
Rising Garden Community Market
Begin your break with live music, fresh produce and artisan goods. The Rising Garden Community Market is a great way stock up for a week full of cooking and community.
- When: Sunday, November 21 I 2-5PM
- Where: 231 E Drake AveAuburn, AL 36830
Moore’s Mill Turkey Trot
The Moore’s Mill Turkey Trot has been a family tradition for years. Enjoy hot chocolate, coffee and a mimosa and Bloody Mary bar.
Football, Fans and Feathers
If you’re not still recovering from a food coma, gear up for Auburn’s final football weekend at Football, Fans and Feathers. Experience hawks, falcons, eagles and other birds of prey swooping over your head at The Southeastern Raptor Center.
- When: Friday November 26 I 4-5PM
- Where: 1350 Pratt-Carden Drive, Auburn, AL 36849
- Price: $8
- Register here
3. Get Outside
We love a good Thanksgiving Day family hike and Auburn has a wide variety of outdoor settings to get the most out of the beautiful weather. We’ve rounded up a few honorable mentions to get you outside during that must-needed break:
- Chewacla State Park
- Davis Arboretum
- Downtown Auburn
- Kreher Preserve and Nature Center
- Smith Mountain Fire Tower
However you choose to spend your break, Auburn’s got it all.
What are your Thanksgiving break plans, Bama? Let us know on social @TheBamaBuzz.