Breakfast is never a bad idea, so we’d like to make a toast to our locally-owned Auburn/Opelika breakfast joints. Here’s our guide to supporting local one morning meal at a time.
1. Susie K’s
Susie K’s is country cooking at its finest. Seriously, we love the authentic Southern feel of this Opelika hidden gem. From breakfast platters to cinnamon roll pancakes––you name it, they’ve got it. Owned by local family Tim and Suzanne Lowrey, Susie K’s brings you back to your roots through home-style cooking.
- Contact: Website I 334.737.6065
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 6AM-2PM; Sunday 7AM-3PM
- Address: 1801 2nd Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
2. Bizilia’s Cafe
Bizilia’s Cafe is a local deli that serves delicious breakfast all day long. Home of the muffinini, a muffin cut in half and placed on a panini press, the cafe is a well-established Downtown Auburn location.
- Contact: Website I Facebook I Instagram I 334.826.0080
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM; Saturday-Sunday 8AM-2PM
- Address: 134 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
3. Big Blue Bagel
If you talk to any Auburn University student, chances are Big Blue is one of their favorite spots. Jon Deason established the deli in 2000, quickly making it a local gem. Their famous Tiger Melt and bagel chips have caught state-wide recognition and continue to blow away the community.
- Contact: Facebook I Instagram I 334.501.2245
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 7AM-2:30PM; Sunday 8AM-2:30PM
- Address: 120 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
4. Byron’s Smokehouse
Since 1989, Byron’s Smokehouse has been feeding the community their Southern-style menu we have all come to love. Byron Gulledge started feeding hungry students straight from his home in 1961, and the rest is history. Trust us, this breakfast is to die for.
- Contact: Facebook I Instagram I 334.887.9981
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 6AM-3PM
- Address: 436 Opelika Rd, Auburn, AL 36830
That’s it for now folks, we hope our guide helps you support local and have a great Auburn/Opelika morning.
Make sure you’re following us on social @TheBamaBuzz for more like this.