Are your date nights getting redundant? Looking for something that’s sure to stand out? Luckily for you, we’ve rounded up five different adventurous date ideas on the gulf coast for you to try that are sure to spice up your time.
1. A murder mystery dinner cruise is perfect for the foodies and true crime junkies
Perdido Queen’s Murder Mystery Dinner Cruise is guaranteed to be two and a half hours of laughs, delicious food, and beautiful views.
Bay Cities Improv Company provides a fully live and interactive experience. There are no scripts and actors blend in with the guests to keep the dinner new, engaging and exciting.
Dinner is catered by none other than Dauphin’s Restaurant, so the food is sure to make your mouth water. Guests receive the choice between two entrees in addition to salad, bread, and dessert.
- Perdido Queen Dinner Cruise: Website | Facebook | (251) 948-6611
- Where: On the Perdido behind the Convention Center | 1 S Water St, Mobile, AL 36602
- When: Sundays 3:30PM and 7PM | Thursdays 6:30 PM
2. Looking to spice up group date nights? Try a local escape room
Have you refined your problem-solving skills? Put them to the test by trying out a local escape room! They can be perfect one-on-one or group dates to help you get to know the people you’re with a little better.
Escape rooms vary in difficulty level, theme and suggested number of players, so you’re bound to be able to find one that fits the needs of you and your sweetheart.
- TK Escape: Website | Facebook
- Where: 450 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Friday 6PM-11PM | Saturday 2PM-11PM | Sunday 12PM-6PM
- Humdingers Virtual Reality Lounge: Website | Facebook | (251) 303-2557
- Where: 30500 Alabama 181 Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-6PM | Monday-Thursday 11AM-8PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM-9PM
- Tickets: Call to schedule
- Get A Clue: Website | Facebook | (251) 367-6459
- Where: 1125 N McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
- Hours: Sunday 10AM-5PM |Tuesday-Thursday 10AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday 9:30AM-9PM
- XIT Escape Room: Website | Facebook | (251) 752-5326
- Where: 3800 Gulf Shores Pkwy #152, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Hours: Tuesday 12PM-8PM | Thursday-Saturday 12PM-8PM
- Tickets: Click “Book Now” on their website
- Breakout Games: Website | Facebook | (251) 929-8330
- Where: 4776 Main Street, Suite L208 Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Hours: Sunday- Wednesday 10AM-11PM |Friday-Saturday 10AM-11PM
3. Want to get your adreneline pumping? Try an amusement park
Of course, nothing says “adventurous date” more than an amusement park!
The Park at OWA is filled with rides that are gentle and topsy-turvy alike. Get bored of the rides? Check out one of their daily events like Brandon Style’s Magic Show, the Comedy Hypnosis Show or even their Holiday Tree Show.
OWA also offers a plethora of different restaurants and shops to pass the time.
- The Park at OWA: Website | Facebook | (251) 923-2111
- Where: 1501 S OWA Blvd, Foley, AL 36535
- Hours: Vary
4. Try axe throwing for something both adventurous and unique
Are you looking for something you’ve never done before? Axe throwing is a fantastic choice for date night that connects you with your inner outdoors survivalist.
Most axe throwing facilities have trainers that work with you and your partner one-on-one to teach you the safe and proper way to throw an axe so that you can make the most of your time there.
- Strong Arm Axe Throwing: Website | Facebook | (251) 408-9499
- Where: 2724 Old Shell Rd. Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Sunday 12PM-10PM | Wednesday-Friday 5PM-10PM | Saturday 12PM-11PM
- Tickets: Click “Book Now” on their website
- Age Restrictions: 19+
- Bad Axe Throwing: Website | Facebook | (844) 818-0999
- Where: 30500 AL-181 Suite 606, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Group Hours: Groups of 4+ | Appointment only
- Walk-in Hours: Groups of 1-3 | Hours posted weekly
- Bier Shack Tap Room: Website | Facebook | (251) 943-8311
- Where: 8191 Highway 59 Foley, AL 36535
- Hours: Sunday 3PM-10PM | Tuesday-Thursday 3PM-10PM | Friday-Saturday 3PM-11PM
- Civil Axe Throwing: Website | Facebook | 251-202-3099
- Where: 4830 Wharf Parkway Suite G201, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Hours: Thursday 5PM-9:45PM | Friday 2:45PM-12:30AM | Saturday 12:15PM-12:30AM
5. Try a helicopter tour for something extra-special
Need an idea for those ultra-special occasions? Helicopter tours are scenic, romantic and thrilling making them perfect for anniversaries, birthdays or even proposals.
- Lost Bay Helicopters: Website | Facebook | (772) 834-4497
- Where: Gulf Air Center, 3190 Airport Dr., Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-7PM
- Hang Ten Helicopters: Website | Facebook | (850) 418-8183
- Where: 28273 Perdido Beach Blvd Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Hours: Sunday 10AM-5PM | Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM
How will you make your next date night more adventurous? Let us know @thebamabuzz