Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, a Florida-based frozen treat shop, is headed to Alabama—and in three locations. The Chelsea, Huntsville and Dothan communities will now have this creamy custard shop in their hometowns. Here are the delicious details.
Details on Bama’s newest ice cream shop
According to the Birmingham Business Journal, frozen dessert franchise, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, is expanding to the Yellowhammer state with three new locations including one in Huntsville. Jeremiah’s offers sweets that include:
- Italian ice
- Soft ice cream
In 1988, high schooler Jeremy Litwack started selling Italian Ice out a push-cart in Philadelphia, according to their website. After learning the craft of fine frozen dessert-making, Litwack opened the first Jeremiah’s brick-and-mortar location in Winter Park, Florida in 1996.
Jeremiah’s currently has 57 locations open.
Here’s where can you find Jeremiah’s Italian Ice in Alabama
Where will the Alabama locations be? You will soon find Jeremiah’s in Dothan, Huntsville and metro Birmingham. Here are the addresses:
- Chelsea, AL: 16383 US-280, Chelsea, AL 35043 (in the former KFC location)
- Huntsville, AL: 181 Hughes Road, Madison, AL 35758 (in the East Madison Shopping Center)
- Dothan, AL: 2650 Ross Clark Circle, Dothan, AL 36301 (across from Lowe’s on US-231)
The Birmingham Business Journal says all locations will be retrofit in existing buildings.
Looking for more of the latest news in Alabama? We’ve got you covered:
- Freezing rain and ice possible in Huntsville today: Everything you need to know
- Beloved frios gourmet pops and FGP Manufacturing announces $20M new expansion in Mobile
- 7 spots to get COVID-19 tested in Huntsville/Madison