Valentine’s Day is closing in and we’ve rounded up nine of the most romantic date spots in the 334. From delicious restaurants to beautiful scenery, there’s plenty of places to explore with your significant other. Let’s dive in.
1. The Avondale Bar & Tap Room
Looking for a spot on the more sophisticated side? The Avondale Bar and Tap room radiates class and fashion, creating the ideal atmosphere to grab a delicious drink.
- Address: 104 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4PM-2AM I Friday-Saturday 3PM-2AM
- Contact: Facebook I 334.329.7039
2. Ariccia & Piccolo
Located in The Hotel at Auburn University, Ariccia serves authentic Italian cuisine while Piccolo, a club-style jazz lounge, allows visitors to enjoy live music in a stylish environment. Because what’s more romantic than Italian and jazz?
- Address: 241 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 6:30AM-2PM, 5:30-10PM I Saturday 5-10PM
- Contact: Website I Facebook I Instagram I 334.844.5140
3. The Wittle Rooftop Bar
Sunsets in Auburn are unbeatable, and one of the best views comes from The Wittle Rooftop Bar. The full-service bar has a 360-degree view of downtown and serves signature drinks that are to die for.
- Address: 205 S Gay St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4-10PM I Friday-Saturday 4-11PM
- Contact: Website I Facebook I Instagram I 334.821.2646
4. Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art
Nothing brings people together like art. The Jule Collins Smith Museum is currently showcasing beautiful exhibitions you’ve got to show your loved one.
- Address: 901 S College St, Auburn, AL 36849
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 10AM-4:30PM I Thursdays 10AM-8PM
- Contact: Website I Facebook I Instagram I 334.844.1484
5. Chewacla State Park
Chewacla State Park is the ideal date spot for all the outdoorsy couples. Hike beautiful trails, eat a picnic by the lake or enjoy scenic views throughout the park.
- Address: 124 Shell Toomer Pkwy, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday 8AM-5PM
- Contact: Website I 334.887.5621
6. The Red Barn at Ag Heritage Park
Ag Heritage Park is the ideal spot for picnics, frisbee golf or a place to bring your four-legged friends. The vibrant Red Barn creates an atmosphere that’s hard to beat.
- Address: Agricultural Heritage Park, 620 S Donahue Dr, Auburn, AL 36832
- Contact: Website I 334.844.2345
7. Sneak & Dawdle
Sneak and Dawdle isn’t your typical bar. The upscale establishment is Opelika’s treasured speakeasy, creating an atmosphere that’ll take you back in time.
- Address: 717 1st Ave Unit B, Opelika, AL 36801
- Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 5PM-12AM I Friday-Saturday 5PM-2AM I Sunday 8PM-12AM
- Contact: Website I Facebook I Instagram
8. Café 123
Café 123 combines classic Southern cuisine with a hint of French influence. Explore historic downtown Opelika before taking your S/O to this fine dining establishment.
- Address: 123 S 8th St, Opelika, AL 36801
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 11Am-2PM, 6-10PM I Saturday 6-10PM
- Contact: Website I Facebook I 334.737.0069
9. Samford Lawn
Last, but certainly not least, is the beloved Samford Lawn. We couldn’t leave this one out, considering it’s the perfect spot for watching the sunset, laying out a picnic or simply enjoying the heart of downtown Auburn.
Love is in the air, Bama, let’s make the most of it.