Back in June, we gave you the deets on how to cast your vote in USA Today’s call for 10 best state parks for camping and RVing. Now, the votes are in, and Alabama’s Gulf State Park has made the list! Read on for more.
According to USA Today, the US is home to more than 10,000 state parks, attracting over 700 million annual visitors. Wow! Many of these parks cater to tent campers and RV travelers, which is great considering how many people have been flipping RVs in the past few years to create incredible homes on wheels.
The cool news—Alabama’s very own Gulf State Park was chosen as one of the best state parks for camping and RVing!
Other state parks on the list include Cape Disappointment State Park in Ilwaco, Washington, Custer State Park in Custer, South Dakota and Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park Campground in Middle Brook, Missouri.
Why Gulf State Park?
If you’ve been to Gulf State Park, you know why it made the list of best state parks for camping and RVing, but here are the top reasons from USA Today:
- It has almost 500 accessible RV sites.
- All RV sites provide full hookups plus Wi-Fi.
- It features 11 modern bathhouses scattered throughout the park.
- Some sites are located near the pool, playground, tennis courts and hiking trails.
Due to Gulf State Park’s location, visitors can also swim and kayak in the Gulf of Mexico or Lake Shelby.
Visit Gulf State Park
- Where: 20115 State Park Road, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- When: Daily | Open 24 hours
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
- 5 things to do and see at Gulf State Park, including geocaching
- 5 surprises awaiting you at Gulf Shores [SLOTH ALERT]
- Gulf Shores makes Far & Wide’s “Liveliest Small Towns for Partying in the US” list
Want more stories like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our FREE newsletter!