Did you know that, despite making up over 51% of the city’s population, only 3% of Mobile’s businesses are Black-owned? Since February is Black History Month we wanted to get a jump-start on celebrating by highlighting 5 Black-owned Businesses right here in Mobile.
1. Cozy Brown’s Kitchen
Looking for some classic Southern comfort food at a great price? You’ve got to check out Cozy Brown’s Kitchen. From delicious breakfast plates that start at $3.99 to seafood dinner platters, Cozy Brown’s Kitchen has absolutely everything you’re looking for with an amazing small-town vibe. If you’re planning a large event or family gathering, check out their catering services too!
- Address: 847 S Wasson Ave, Whistler, AL 36612
- Hours: Mon-Thurs: 6AM-7PM | Fri & Sat: 6AM-8PM | Sun: 6AM-6PM
- Contact: Website | Facebook | 251-459-4468
2. Blooming Flowers
Valentine’s Day is coming soon, ladies & gentlemen! Flowers make the perfect gift for that special someone, and you can hit two birds with one stone by shopping these gorgeous bouquets from a local Black-owned business. Blooming Flowers delivers flowers daily all across Mobile, Citronelle, Saraland, Chickasaw and Semmes to get flowers to your loved ones, wherever they are.
- Address: 502 Houston Street, Mobile, AL 36604
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 9AM-5PM | Sun: 9AM-2PM
- Contact: Website | 251-348-7601
3. SOCU Southern Kitchen and Oyster Bar
SOCU is a gorgeous, classier option for your next date night. Maybe even your Valentine’s Day dinner date? The downtown location is just the cherry on top for this opulent Black-owned restaurant. Make sure to try the oysters, they’re absolutely delicious.
- Address: 455 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Closed Mon & Tue | Wed-Sat: 4-10PM | Sun: 11Am-3PM, 4-8PM
- Contact: Website | Facebook | 251-287-6766
4. Soul Heaven Cafe & Catering
Have a family event coming up? Take the stress of cooking off your shoulders by hiring Soul Haven Cafe & Catering to provide the food. They’ll work with you to get exactly the Southern comfort food you love, all at a great price with friendly service.
- Address: 3365 Moffett Road, Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Mon-Fri: 7AM-3PM | Closed Sat & Sun
- Contact: Website | Facebook | 251-470-0852
5. Kanary Bar
Get your Mardi-Party on down at Kanary, a Black-owned bar in the bar district of downtown Mobile. They have all the drinks you love, with an upscale atmosphere to match.
- Address: 105 N Jackson St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Mon-Thurs: 3-10PM | Fri & Sat: 3PM-12AM | Sun: 3-9PM
- Contact: Facebook | 251-525-2124
Want to keep up with all things Mobile? We’ve got you covered!
- Celebrate Mardi Gras the sweet way—8 places to find king cake in Mobile
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with 5 delicious Chinese restaurants in Mobile
- Meet the 5 startups featured at the ACN Startup Showcase in Mobile & Fairhope
Want more like this? Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter & keep up with us on social media.
You must be logged in to post a comment.