We are getting closer and closer to the start of spring and down here in Lower Alabama, that means the most beautiful weather of the year. Why not take some time off, or take advantage of your spring break, to book a stay at one of these 8 campgrounds along the Gulf Coast?
1. Dauphin Island Campground
Dauphin Island Campground has over 150 campsites located right on the Gulf of Mexico. This pet-friendly facility has everything you’d need for a beach day, like volleyball nets, bike rentals and boat launches. It’s also wonderfully close to numerous walking trails, the Mobile Bay Ferry and Dauphin Island Sea Lab.
- Where: 109 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
- RV Details: 150 sites with power & water, 75 have sewage hookups.
- How to book: Reservations can only be arranged by phone from 7:30AM-7PM Sunday-Thursday and 7:30AM-8PM Friday & Saturday
- Contact: (251) 861-2742 | Website | Facebook
2. Shady Acres Campground
This West Mobile campground makes a great spot to stop over on a trip through Mobile. It’s close to the interstate, pet-friendly and has on-site laundry. Everything you need, with a great price to boot.
- Where: 2500 Old Military Road, Mobile, AL 36605
- RV Details: 82 RV pull-thrus with water, power and sewage at all sites. Max length: 65ft
- How to book: Book online via their website
- Contact: 251-478-0013 | Website | Facebook
3. Alabama Coast Campground
If you’re looking for a campground that’s full of fun for the whole family, look no further! Alabama Coast Campground has tons of RV sites and standard tent-camping, with amazingly low rates. You’ll come for the beauty but stay for the amenities like playgrounds, dog parks and free park-wide WiFi.
- Where: 11959 Barin Field Rd, Foley, AL 36535
- RV Details: Pull-thru & back-in spots available
- How to book: Call or book via their website
- Contact: (251) 752-0474 | Website | Facebook
4. Meaher State Park
Enjoy over 1300 acres of gorgeous Alabama coastline down in Meaher State Park, where you can indulge in some “glamping” in a cabin on the water, an RV hookup or some primitive tent camping. You’ll have access to the 5 Rivers Delta Center, the 300-foot fishing pier and of course the Mobile bay.
- Where: 5200 Battleship Pkwy, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- RV Details: 61 RV sites with power, water & sewage
- How to book: Must book online, no reservations accepted by phone
- Contact: (251) 626-5529 | Website
5. Lazy Lake RV Park
If you’re looking for an inexpensive, no-frills weekend getaway full of fishing and the beach, Lazy Lake RV Park is your place. Enjoy fishing in their on-site lake or take the 5-mile journey on over to the beach.
- Where: 18950 Old Plash Island Rd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- RV Details: Multiple RV sites with water, power and sewage
- How to book: Call for reservations
- Contact: (251) 968-7875 | Website | Facebook
6. Gulf State Park
Gulf State Park is an absolutely magnificent two-mile stretch of beach with RV, primitive and cabin accommodations. You can play in the Gulf or in Lake Shelby, Gulf State Park’s very own lake. You can find an educational program to learn more about the parks’s native wildlife, check out the brand new lodge, or just spend all day with your toes in the sand.
- Where: 20115 State Park Rd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- RV Details: Almost 500 campsites including RV sites with water, power & sewage
- How to book: Book online
- Contact: (251) 948-7275 | Website
7. Island Retreat RV Park
This RV Park really is an island retreat! There’s free WiFi, cable TV, fire pits at every campsite, a pool, dog parks, playgrounds and so much more. There’s a little bit of fun for the whole family here.
- Where: 18201 AL-180, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- RV Details: 173 RV sites with water, power and sewage
- How to book: Book online
- Contact: (251) 967-1666 | Website | Facebook
8. Fort Morgan RV Park
This RV Park is perfect for the couple or family that wants to just get away from it all. There’s over 6 acres of campgrounds with only 34 RV sites, ensuring you get just the nature getaway you’re looking for.
- Where: 10397 2nd St, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- RV Details: 34 RV sites with hookups for water, power and sewage — no tent camping allowed
- How to book: Book online or call
- Contact: (251) 540-2416 | Website | Facebook
Looking for more to do in Lower Alabama this spring? Check out our latest:
- Cruises are back in Mobile! Your exciting itinerary before you set sail
- 9 March events to soak up the amazing Gulf Coast spring weather
- 11 spring events in Mobile to look forward to this year
Want more like this? Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter & keep up with us on social media.
You must be logged in to post a comment.