If you love crystals, rocks, geodes or gems, you’ve got to check out the 51st Annual Gem, Mineral & Jewelry Show happening in Montgomery from December 3-5. You can explore dozens of booths selling crystals and handmade jewelry while experiencing demonstrations on gem and rock cutting. Keep reading for all the details on the event.
Important details to know
The 51st Annual Gem, Mineral & Jewelry Show is the place to be for gem collectors, jewelry makers and crystal enthusiasts. This event is put on every year by the Montgomery Gem and Mineral Society, and its popularity has kept it going for over half a century.
- Location: Garrett Coliseum 1555 Federal Drive, Montgomery, AL 36107
- Cost: Adults $2 daily or $3 for a 3-day weekend pass I 18 & under free with student ID
- Hours: Friday-Saturday 9AM-6PM I Sunday 11AM-4PM
Exciting Things to Do
This event will hold over 25 booths with a variety of vendors selling everything from jewelry to fossils to geodes. Start the day with a surprise as each Adult ticket comes with a free door prize upon entry.
A sampling of what you can expect:
- Bailey Beach Gems: find fish fossils collected from their own mine, minerals collected from around the world and stone carvings.
- Dreaming Down Under: Discover an Australian Boulder and Black opal dealer, with stones from the 12 regions of Australia. They also sell jewelry made with Australian crocodile and kangaroo leather products.
- Stone Crystals: Crack open your very own geode, while also browsing a great selection of fine minerals, polished rocks and jewelry.
- Wild Sage Native American Jewelry: Explore other cultures with their authentic Native American jewelry, coming directly from the reservations and handmade by local native artists.
About the Montgomery Gem and Mineral Society
The Montgomery Gem and Mineral Society is made up of paleontologists, geologists, rock collectors, jewelry makers and more. They host weekly meetings and workshops, take educational field trips and plan the annual gem show.
They partner with educational and scientific institutions to help increase the knowledge and popular interest in Geology, Mineralogy, the Lapidary Arts and all related subject matter. Interested in any of these fields? You can look into signing up to be a part of this society.
Are you going to the 51st Annual Gem Show in Montgomery? Let us know by tagging us @thebamabuzz.