Now that its starting to warm up here on the Gulf Coast, we’re all starting to get back out & about in our cities. One of the best ways to soak up this not-too-hot-yet weather is to visit a local farmers market and get your grocery shopping done locally.
Keep reading to learn all about seven Gulf Coast farmers markets for you to support this spring.
1. Mobile Flea Market
If you’re looking for a farmers market with a little something extra, you’ll love produce shopping with Mobile Flea Market. You can find all your usual flea market goodies with the added bonus of some the fresh & in-season produce.
As a bonus, there’s often live music and events for the whole family at Mobile Flea Market.
- Address: 401 Schillinger Rd N, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: 9AM-5PM, every Saturday & Sunday
- More info: (251) 633-7533 | Website | Facebook
2. Saraland Produce
Saraland Produce is your place if you’re on the hunt for fresh, fully-stocked, in-season produce. This stand is amazingly priced and full of yummy, farm-to-table produce.
- Address: 703 Shelton Beach Rd, Saraland, AL 36571
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 7AM-6PM | Closed Sundays
- More info: (251) 679-8345 | Facebook
3. Allegri Farm Market Inc.
You can do pretty much all of your grocery shopping here at Allegri Farm Market. Their produce is often grown right here in Baldwin county, making it as fresh as possible. They’ve got a little bit of everything, too, like Amish butter, homemade pasta & pickles and so much more.
- Address: 948 Co Rd 64, Daphne, AL 36526
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 8AM-6PM | Sun: 9AM-5PM
- More info: (251) 621-1955 | Facebook
4. Coastal Alabama Farmers & Fishermens Market
Coastal Alabama Farmers & Fishermens Market is the perfect spring Saturday morning activity. They’ve got stall after stall loaded with fresh produce and newly-caught fish from Mobile bay. You can grab everything for a weekend low country boil right here!
- Address: 20733 Miflin Rd, Foley, AL 36535
- Hours: Open Saturdays only, from 9AM-2PM
- More info: (251) 943-1545 | Facebook
5. Burris Farm Market
Supply your diet & cheat days all in one place with Burris Farm Market. They’ve got all the healthy, fresh produce you need plus a wide array of homemade baked goods to satisfy your sweet tooth.
6. Sessions Farm Market
If you want your produce to be 100% locally-sourced, you’ll love Sessions Farm Market. Their produce is freshly grown on the Sessions Farm in Grand Bay.
- Address: 8971 Grand Bay Wilmer Rd, Grand Bay, AL 36541
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 7:30AM-5:30PM | Closed Sundays
- More info: (251) 865-0455 | Website | Facebook
7. McKenzie Farm Market
McKenzie Farm Market is another farm-to-table produce shop offering in-season fruits & veggies grown right here on the Gulf Coast. They’ve also got a great selection of herbs, flowers and other potted plants.
- Address: 17500-17674 S Greeno Rd, Fairhope, AL 36532
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 8AM-6PM | Closed Sundays
- More info: (251) 278-4669 | Website | Facebook
Looking for more to do in Lower Alabama this spring? Check out our latest:
- 8 beautiful camping spots across Lower Alabama
- Cruises are back in Mobile! Your exciting itinerary before you set sail
- 9 March events to soak up the amazing Gulf Coast spring weather