We are officially T-Minus 10 days from Valentine’s Day, the most romantic (or most cheesy, depending on your opinion) day of the year. If you’re still on the hunt for the absolutely perfect Valentine’s Day date for you and your boo, look no further! We’ve got you covered with four different takes on date night down here on the Gulf Coast.
Date 1: Traditional & Romantic
Perfect Date for: a hopeless romantic
We all know the traditional date of dinner and drinks. While it might be a little cliche, it’s a classic for a reason! You’ve got tons of options for this date night, but here are our suggestions. Don’t forget to call your restaurant & place reservations for your romantic night.
(NOTE: Many local, upscale restaurants are closed on Mondays & Valentine’s Day this year falls on a Monday. For timeless & local options, check out Dumbwaiter Restaurant & Osman’s Restaurant.)
- Dinner: Ruth’s Chris Steak House – an upscale & delicious steakhouse with elegant vibes
- Where: 2058 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36606
- Hours: Mon-Thurs, Sat: 5-10PM | Fri: 11:30AM-10PM | Closed Sun
- Contact: Book now | Website | (251) 476-0516
- Drinks: Las Floriditas – downtown Mobile’s very own Cuban-inspired speakeasy (make sure you check their Instagram for the password!)
- Where: 107 St Francis St Ste B165, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Closed Sun & Mon | Tues-Thurs: 4-10PM | Fri & Sat: 4PM-12AM
- Contact: Website | (251) 444-0201
- Some similar ideas: Breweries/beer, Wine bars, Dinner ideas
Date 2: Outdoors & Adventures
Perfect Date for: a tree-hugger
Everyone’s got that outdoorsy person in their lives. If your outdoorsy person is also your special someone, consider taking them out for a picnic at a lovely outdoor spot this Valentine’s Day. We suggest keeping your eye on the Gulf Coast weather and planning a backup date, since it could start raining at basically any moment. Either way, though, the gesture of a gorgeous outdoor date will mean the world.
- Food: Jerusalem Cafe – yummy Mediterranean food that makes for great take-out, perfect for a picnic
- Where: 5817 Old Shell Rd, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 11AM-8PM | Closed Sun
- Contact: Website | Facebook | (251) 304-1155
- Outdoor hang: Municipal (Langan) Park
- Where: 4901 Zeigler Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Every day, 8AM-6PM
- Contact: (251) 208-1650
- Find some other outdoor ideas here.
Date 3: Historical & Educational
Perfect Date for: a history buff
We genuinely cannot stress enough how much history Mobile has to offer. We also cannot stress enough how perfect of a date our lovely museums make. Whatever kind of history your Valentine is into, we’ve got a museum for it, so take a stroll through a museum and book a night at a bed & breakfast for the perfect historical date.
- Museums to Visit: History Museum of Mobile – explore Mobile’s history in our very own history museum downtown
- Where: 111 S Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 9AM-5PM | Sun: 1PM-5PM
- Contact: Website | (251) 208-7569
- Historic B&Bs to book a night in: Fort Conde Inn
- Contact: Website | Reservations | (251) 405-5040
- Similar Places to check out: Bed & Breakfasts, Museums
Date 4: Cozy & Low-key
Perfect Date for: a homebody
Maybe Valentine’s Day isn’t your thing. Maybe you’re trying to save some money this month. Whatever your reason for staying in this Valentine’s day, you can still have a lovely evening in with your honey. Order some yummy takeout, build a fort, and stream a great movie.
- Order takeout from: Squid Ink Eclectic Eats & Drinks
- Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11AM-8:30PM | Fri: 11AM-10PM | Sat: 9AM-10PM | Sun: 9AM-8:30PM
- Contact: Website | Menu | (251) 405-0031
Want to keep up with all things Mobile? We’ve got you covered!
- March through Mardi Gras like a pro—your guide to Mobile’s 9 parade routes + parking
- 3 reasons you need to visit Africkytown Ebi Boutique’s grand opening on Feb. 12
- 5 Black-owned businesses in Mobile to visit in honor of Black History Month
Want more like this? Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter & keep up with us on social media.
You must be logged in to post a comment.