For the third consecutive year, US News & World Report has awarded Hyundai as America’s top SUV brand, according to Business Alabama. The coolest part—these SUVs are made in Alabama. Read on for details plus other automotive brands receiving praise in the state.
Montgomery runs on Hyundai
It was in 2055 that Hyundai celebrated the grand opening of its first US manufacturing facility in Montgomery. Since then, Hyundai has been busy making award-winning vehicles, increasing state employment and more.
Recently, Hyundai Mobis announced plans to open a new EV battery plant to its Montgomery campus. The new plant, which is slated for construction this December and is scheduled to open in 2024, is expected to bring over 400 jobs to the area.
Now, Hyundai is making headlines again as US News & World Report names them America’s top SUV brand.
So, why was Hyundai chosen for this honor?
The magazine evaluated 38 automotive brands covering cars, SUVs, trucks and luxury vehicles. Their highest praise went to the Hyundai Tucson deeming it “one of the best additions to the competitive segment.” Making it a stand-out is its premium cabin featuring exceptional space for people and cargo.
Hyundai’s not the only automotive brand receiving high praise. Here’s who else scored US News & World Reports nod of approval:
- Honda took the prize as 2022’s best car brand. The company is one of Alabama’s key automakers creating light trucks, SUVS and minivans in the city of Lincoln.
- Mercedes-Benz, which has operations in Tuscaloosa, received applauds for best luxury listings.
Want to learn more about automotive brands in Alabama? Check out:
- Mercedes-Benz opens battery factory for Alabama-built electric vehicles, creating 600 local jobs
- Mercedes-Benz launches EV production in Tuscaloosa County
- Lincoln Honda plant brings exciting new production of 2 SUVs
- Alabama’s auto industry is booming. State expects 6000+ new jobs in 2021
Want more stories like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our FREE newsletter.