Are you looking for some fun activities this summer that include your furry friend? I know I am always searching for ways to be with my dog while also being out in the world doing something. Auburn is full of fun things to do, so we have highlighted 6 of the best dog friendly things to try out this summer!
1. Take your pup to Chewacla State Park
Chewacla State Park is definitely at the top of our list of things you have got to do with your dog. For only 4 dollars per adult, (dogs get in for free) you can have full access to all that these 696 acres have to offer. With hiking trails, a huge lake for fishing, a waterfall, mountain biking, and campgrounds, you and your pup will both enjoy this fun Auburn activity.
- Chewacla State Park: 334.887.5621 | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Flickr
- Address: 124 Shell Toomer Parkway, Auburn AL 36830
2. Get lunch at Hamilton’s
If the two of you are hungry after all of that activity, head on over to Hamilton’s on Magnolia. With great food and pet friendly outdoor seating for your beloved animal, it is the perfect spot to grab some lunch. You take a bit and your dog takes a bite—that is how it goes (as long as you have them on a leash).
- Hamilton’s: 334.887.2677 | Website | Instagram | Facebook
- Address: 174 East Magnolia Avenue, Auburn AL 36830
3. Throw the ball at the Red Barn
Visiting the Red Barn with your dog is as classic Auburn summer as it gets. Throw the ball to your furry friend and then let them cool off in the pond. You are sure to run into some other pets here, so plan accordingly! Pack a picnic for you and your pup to enjoy on a perfect summer day.
Address: Agricultural Heritage Park, 620 South Donahue Drive, Auburn AL 36832
4. Chill together at a brewery of your choice
The Auburn-Opelika area is full of great breweries. Take your pick of which one, and head on over with your pup to enjoy a beer and some neat outdoor seating. The two of you can chill and hangout, while both sipping on something refreshing (water for your dog, a nice drink for you). This summertime activity would be hard to beat with your pet right by your side.
- Red Clay Brewing: 334.737.5409 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 704 North Railroad Avenue, Opelika AL 36801
- Whistle Stop: 334.748.9727 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 830 North Railroad Avenue, Opelika AL 36801
- Resting Pulse: 334.203.1364 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 714 1st Avenue, Opelika AL 36801
5. Play at the Town Creek Dog Park
Did you know that Town Creek Park has a dog park? This spot is already an Auburn fan favorite, but say the words “dog park,” and you’ve got a winner. This sweet pup, Bailey, let me take her photo as she left the park after a long day of playing. Bring your dog here to socialize and mingle with other canines this summer, they will thank you!
Address: 1150 South Gay Street, Auburn AL 36830
6. Get an afternoon pick-me-up at Coffee Cat
You are sure to need some caffein after a long day of play, and luckily Coffee Cat welcomes your dog inside! Coffee Cat (or should I say Coffee Dog) already has the best vibes, but something about animals inside just makes it that much better. Don’t want to leave your dog all alone while you study or meet with a friend for coffee? No problem, just bring them with you.